Empica carries out media training and crisis handling courses for a wide range of clients including Government bodies, developers, health service professionals, major utilities, private companies, social housing and educational establishments.
All our courses are bespoke to your needs – so the first thing to do is to give us a call and let us know what is required.
We can handle anything from a one-to-one with a Chief Executive or spokesperson right through to a two-day away-day course for an entire management team or staff. Managing Director Martin Powell leads our courses and will then put together the right team for the training from our associates and contacts who include former BBC journalists and presenters; former radio news gatherers; newspaper editors and online portal managers.
We can help individuals prepare for a specific media encounter making it as realistic as possible with access to television and radio studios.
Media training courses include practical sessions where those taking part can experience:
- Television interviews (live and recorded)
- Radio interviews (live and recorded)Dealing with print media
- What makes a story – getting your message across in the media and online
- Public consultation training – being consistent when dealing with the public
- Down-the-line broadcast interviews from remote studios or on location
Crisis training sessions can include:
- Real-time exercises with scenarios tailored to your circumstances.
- Press conference training.
- Messages that work in an unfolding crisis situation.
- Social media protocols when negative issues arise.
- Review and testing of crisis management and media plans.
- Full crisis exercises involving emergency services, casualties and other stakeholders.